Kung-Fu Fighting

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

| | |
My Wild Child and I were close to having a throw-down this morning.  Granted, she has unfortunately inherited my obvious disdain for the early A.M. hours, it was battle du jour just trying to get her up and out of bed for school.  Honestly, I find it funny that during the summer vacation she oftentimes would be waking up well before I ever rolled out of bed- she was bright eyed and bushy-tailed.  Now, however, the bright eyes are more of a well-executed five year old glare, and the bushy tail is generally covered up when she yells that she doesn't want to wake up and she throws the covers completely over her body and head until she is simply a mound under a blanket that won't budge.  Is it just me- I thought this behavior didn't catch on until at least middle school?!?

Well, once I rolled Sleeping Beauty out of bed, the next battle rang loud with her continued feelings of disgust as I tried to make her sack lunch that included the (obviously evil) bread with the "seeds" (aka whole grain.) I followed a friend's advice and these seeds became "magical" seeds that might give her superhuman powers that no other child in her class could possibly have.  She's not some dummy.  Plan failed and I gave in with a sandwich made from whole wheat.  I have to find a sneakier way to get this healthy option into her lunch bag... I will win this battle!... Well, eventually :)

So, now that Princess Patootie Butt is at school, I come to the realization that not only do we have another (roughly) 170 days of this morning tug-of-war, but  I really need to step up my game and get a little creative with my attack plan (which is sooo hard since I'm just as grumpy in the morning and I would love nothing more than to throw the covers over my head as well.) 

As Mommy & Wild Child take to their sparring stances- we will simply see as to who will come out the victor in this crazy game called life!  Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Nicole said...

Sheesh... sooo glad I don't have to deal with that!

Post a Comment