Sunday Daydreams

Sunday, August 7, 2011

| | |
It's Sunday and I have hit daydreaming status. I am at the point where the thrill of the weekend and time off is wearing down and the realization that I will be back at work in the morning is becoming glaringly obvious; so, I am daydreaming of where I long to be- in my perfect world. 

You see, I live in Georgia- have done so all of my life.  There is something deep within that for years now has called me to Maine.  Don't ask me why because, to be honest, I have never been.  The temperature change wouldn't bother me because I much prefer the Fall/Winter to the Spring (and don't get me started on Southern Summers- I have hated them my entire life!)  I was in Chicago one March where it was freezing and snowing - and I was in heaven!

I have decided to take you on a visual daydream today... to the place where I know my heart would sing, and my Wild Child and I could thrive.  Enjoy!

It begins with a little artsy village on the coast of Maine...

 
My home is within walking distance to the village and the seashore...
a beautifully restored Craftsman bungalow...



Inside my home, with a view of the coastline at the window, sits my antique desk (think Under the Tuscan Sun) where I write at every day- being, of course, a beloved children's author at this point...


Looking out my window,  I see my Wild Child playing in our colorful,
 overgrown garden with her puppy, Lovebug...


When ready to relax I either stretch out with a good book off of the shelf, and cup of coffee, in front of our stone fireplace...


... Or I head into my magickal kitchen, where herbs from our garden are hanging to dry, and some delicious stew is simmering on the stovetop...


As I head out the door to go to my business (that I own and is completely paid for) I stop to look at my car that takes Wild Child and I on great coastal adventures on the weekend...


And finally, I make my way by foot down to the village, to open up for the day,
the Mad Hatter Children's Bookshoppe & Tea Room... a fairy tale of a shoppe that is one part stepping into Alice in Wonderland and the other part Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium.


So, that's my daydream... what's yours?

4 comments:

Laura said...

Oh, how I LOVE LOVE LOVE this daydream in Maine! I feel like I just spent the day with you there. Although, the only thing I thought of is that it was Fall (not the hot humid Summer we're experiencing throughout the country right now!) I really enjoyed this post (and the great photos)! Thanks for letting me daydream with you.

Nicole said...

OOh.. now I want to move to Maine with you. :-)

Doris said...

Wow, can I please come with you and be your personal assistant? This is lovely! Stopping in from Lady Blogger's Society, but I will definitely be back for more!

Leanne said...

Oh, it's perfect. Absolutely perfect. And absolutely proof that I need to daydream more often. This little glimpse into your dreams has left me with a wonderful feeling inside. I love it. And while I have never been to Maine myself, I would gladly join you in "your" Maine. What a wonderful lace. Now go and make those dreams come true, my friend. Listen to their whispers . . . they are calling you.

Post a Comment