The Wonder Woman Effect

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

| | |
I think I am the embodiment of "too many irons in the fire" right now.  It's exciting work that I do- but I will be the first to say it is mentally exhausting sometimes trying to keep up with a million ideas rushing through my own head for what I would like to see accomplished in both my personal and professional lives. Some days I am on fire- in a good way- and other days I honestly wake up wondering if I am up for the job.  Self doubt has always been one of my best friends in the emotional demon category of life.  If you are too sure of yourself you come off cocky and unrelatable, and you certainly set yourself up for a great fall.  On the other hand, if you are constantly meek and not putting forth your best foot, you are basically considered a joke as well.  I'm just looking for a happy medium... I am still looking for my personal Wonder Woman.  Not too much to ask, is it?

So, this fire that is currently burning (you know the one with the too many irons) is giving me a headache.  Since I've been told I need to find my own superhero sort of alter-ego to help me through these times- Wonder Woman has been claimed by my sister, I am going with someone I feel quite comfortable with- the Goddess Brighid (I decided to forgo the superhero persona.)  No, I am not channeling a goddess and it really doesn't seem right to use such phrases as pulling up your Brighid underoos and going for it (yep- that seriously only works for the comic-book set!)  I just think there are some qualities that I can focus on as she is the goddess of the hearth, poetry, and smithcraft.  How perfect! These are the three aspects of my own life that I try to keep in balance: my home life with my daughter, my passion for writing, and what better analogy for too many irons in the fire of my work life than the symbolism of a forge!

Well, here goes- reaching in deep to find that inner-goddess in me... finding strength to manage the consistently crazy aspects of my life and simply finding peace in all of the challenges that come my way in work or otherwise... and if all else fails I don't think my sister will mind if I have to borrow the Golden Lasso every now and again!

*Image found at elsaelsa.com

1 comments:

Post a Comment